Monday, November 23, 2009

Jesus Loves Me Medley

The song is played in the key of D. The whole song is played by finger picking the Dsus and walking the bass down and up on the 5th string.

The "Hallelujah's" alternate, by line, between men and women. We have the women (girls) doing the even numbered lines, men (boys) doing the odd. The final Hallelujah is in unison.

Enjoy...


Jesus Loves me! this I know
For the bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.
Amazing grace! how sweet the sound!
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;

Was blind, but now I see.

Hallelujah,
Hallelujah, hallelu.
Hallelujah,
Hallelujah, hallelu.
Hallelujah,
Hallelujah, hallelu.
Hallelujah,
Hallellujah, hallelu.
HALLELUJAH!

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash a way my sin,
Let his little child come in.
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed
{hallelujah's}

Jesus, loves me He will stay
Close beside me all the way
He’s prepared a place for me
And someday His face I’ll see
Thro' many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come.
'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

{hallelujah's}
Source(s):
We've played this song at youth camps for a long time. Rumor has it that it was written / created by a guy in Western PA somewhere, but I've never heard the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment